[mythtv-users] mythweb and wap on mythtv 0.18.1 (deb packages)

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Sep 15 10:32:17 UTC 2005

Around about 13/09/05 22:48, Ciaran typed ...
> As I said it is always working, the theme selected is done based on
> the user-agent string, and the http accept string sent by the phone
> browser, this can be adjusted in includes/mobile.php in mythweb.
> Although I've not had the time to figure out how to get it working on
> *both*  my browser and phone at the same time, I imagine its possible
> from looking at the code, it should work, I just think its having
> issues with an accept string not explicitly containing 'text/html'

   I managed to get the WAP theme working under Firefox by using the
uaswitcher extension to pretend to be a Nokia phone† (this was to try to debug
it).

   Under 0.18.1, I was successfully accessing my server from my mobile, but
mythweb was serving up null data when I dug down as far as an individual
progam (from the listings).

   Joe Buckshin sent me an updated wap theme he'd worked on [off list, after I
had problems] and this now works a treat.  I can access mythweb from a normal
browser (as usual) and my phone now works.  There's no theme selection from a
phone [it's chosen for you based on user-agent], and similarly you can't
/choose/ wap as a browser theme.

   OP: what actual problems are you seeing?

† - you need to delete the myth cookie after doing this otherwise you're
locked into the wap theme on your normal browser.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature