[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase errors: Can; t get channel+ no sound in mythtv

Analabha Roy hariseldon99 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 18:11:50 UTC 2005

On 9/14/05, Nick <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 15/09/05, Analabha Roy <hariseldon99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Okay, I deleted the mythconverg database and restarted the whole config
> of
> > mysql then mythtv-setup as per the instructions on
> >
> > http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/HOWTO-fc3.php
> >
> > As you can see, running mythfilldatabase gives a whole bunch of errors,
> > and running mythtv-frontend gives no pic or sound...
> >

> > I would greatly appreciate any advise in this matter. Can anyone tell me
> > what I'm doing wrong?
>
> MySQL is not correctly setup for one thing I reckon.
>
> Did the SQL error messages start any warning bells? There are 2 errors
> on the first screenshot - Privileges has a typo...
>
> First, check your current user info
>
> $ mysql -u root -p
> mysql> USE mysql;
> mysql> SELECT Host,User FROM user;

Thanks for your help.

[daneel at landau ~]$ mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 2 to server version: 3.23.58

Type 'help;' or '\h'

mysql> USE mysql;

Database changed
mysql> SELECT Host,User FROM user;
+--------------------+--------+
| Host | User |
+--------------------+--------+
| landau.localdomain | |
| landau.localdomain | root |
| localhost | |
| localhost | mythtv |
| localhost | root |
+--------------------+--------+
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)
for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

Please post the output.

> Make sure all mythtv users (called mythtv) who need to can connect to
> the database (assuming your local network is 192.168.1/24). From the
> mythtv offical docs, try
>
> $ mysql -u root mythconverg
> mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"192.168.1.%" identified
> by "mythtv";
> mysql> flush privileges;

I will need a password to access a database in sql. Could that be creating
problems?

[daneel at landau ~]$ mysql -p -u root mythconverg
Enter password:

Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 4 to server version: 3.23.58

mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"192.168.1.%" identified
-> by "mythtv";
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> flush privileges;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql>

There is also an error in the mc.sql script which needs to be
> addressed before you go any further. Please send a copy to me. I'm
> sure it's related to user access in mysql too.

I've posted it at:
http://www.ph.utexas.edu/~daneel/mythtv-hell/mc.sql

btw I'm running the frontend as user 'daneel' (my regular login). User
'mythtv' is configged as a system user (login shell:/bin/nologin)

I would *seriously* consider wiping completely and starting over