[mythtv-users] Mandriva and PVR150 - Hardware upgrade/system reinstall results in no output

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Sep 15 20:06:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 15:45 -0400, Ryan Steffes wrote:

> Because I didn't know about it?

Ahhh.  I just figured anyone using Mandrake and Myth used Thac's rpms
(both kernel-mm and myth)

> What's the difference in Thac's kernel versus the standard one?

It's multi-media focus.  It has the lowlat patches and all that goo as
well as a number of A/V audio drivers, ivtv being one of them.

> I was running just fine off one I compiled from source a while back,

If you like that headache.  I'd sooner rpm -ivh than
download/unpack/configure/make/make install/debug and so on.  If
somebody has already done the work, I may as well leverage off of it.

b.

Brian J. Murrell