[mythtv-users] ivtv-firmware-audio not being found by Yum

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Sep 16 00:12:06 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 19:51, Bill White wrote:
> I am attempting to install a new PVR-500 card on my
> FC4 Myth box and am referencing Jarod's guide to do
> so.  YUM does not seem to able to find the
> ivtv-firmware-audio package.  What am I missing?
>
> **when I do this:
> [root at mythic yum.repos.d]# yum install
> ivtv-firmware-audio

> **The guide states:
>
> [To get started, you'll need to enable the ATrpms
> testing repository and install the 0.3.x ivtv driver.
> Edit /etc/yum.repos.d/atrpms.repo and change stable to
> testing...]
>
> I have done this...
>
> [atrpms]
> name=ATrpms for Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch
> baseurl=http://dl.atrpms.net/fc$releasever-$basearch/atrpms/testing
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=http://ATrpms.net/RPM-GPG-KEY.atrpms

This past week I started building a new system using a PVR-350 and
PVR-500 and ATRPMS.  I did not have any problems installing the
ivtv-firmware-audio package listed.

[scot at terraslave ~]$ rpm -qa |grep ivtv
ivtv-firmware-enc-2.04.024-4.at
ivtv-0.3.7k-96.rhfc4.at
ivtv-kmdl-2.6.12-1.1447_FC4-0.3.7k-96.rhfc4.at
perl-Video-ivtv-0.13-7.rhfc4.at
ivtv-firmware-audio-0.0.1-1.at
ivtv-firmware-dec-2.02.023-4.at

Of course I don't have the PVR-500 working yet.  Can't seem to get the
dd tests to work with the PVR-500 encoders.

This weekend I am going to complete the setup and get my master backend
upgraded so the new slave backend will work with it.