[mythtv-users] nvidia 5200 desktop on one screen, myth on the other? twinview?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Sep 16 05:28:27 UTC 2005

I have an FX 5200 and have been flabbergasted to just discover that it
supports dual display output!  And here I was trying to achieve it with
two video cards.  ~sigh~

Anyway, it seems there about 17 different ways to do this:
Twinview/clone, Twinview/side-by-side, two-screen-no-Twinview.

So I am wondering if anyone has cooked up the best way to do this.  I
want a regular Linux desktop on the CRT and mythfrontend on the TV-Out,
preferably with overscan.  My initial experiments with Twinview and
Clone tell me that is really not the way to go.

Just wondering if a different Twinview option is better than just
separating the screens into :0.0 and :0.1.

Thots?

b.

Brian J. Murrell