[mythtv-users] vertical lines from pvr-500

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Sep 16 06:47:36 UTC 2005

On Sep 15, 2005, at 06:00, Scot L. Harris wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 03:05, Jarod Wilson wrote:

>>> So which version from sourceforge (or is there a better source
>>> for ivtv)
>>> should be used to support a PVR-500 and PVR-350?
>>>
>>> And has anyone else managed to get a PVR-500 running using the
>>> packages
>>> in ATRPMS?
>>>

>> Yes. Mine's running just peachy in an FC4 box I just rebuilt last
>> week. I'm
>> using one of the very recent 0.3.x builds.
>>

> Jarod!  Used your guide for the first box I built and am using it for
> this new box as well.

:-)

> Should I be able to run the dd type tests against the PVR-500
> encoders?

Dunno. What dd tests? I usually just cat off my 500 to files to check
working video.

> I have what appears to be the latest ATRPMS ivtv drivers  0.3.7k.

Just double-checked, that's what I'm running as well.

> Works
> just fine with the PVR-350 but the tests do not work with the PVR-500.
>
> Would it be possible to post your modprobe.conf file?

Its already posted. I followed my own docs while setting everything
up. :-)

> Trying to
> eliminate silly configuration mistakes.  This time around the PVR-350
> came up with no problems, just can not get anything on the PVR-500
> inputs.
>
> The PVR-500 should be video1 and video2 in this box.
>
> My modprobe.conf file:
> [...]
> # ivtv modules setup
> alias char-major-81 videodev
> alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
> alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
> alias char-major-81-2 ivtv
> alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
> alias tuner tuner-ivtv
> alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv
> install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe
> ivtv-fb

I have exactly the same relevant portions as you, as well as the same
driver version, so I dunno what's up with yours not working. I don't
have a 350 in the same box, but have had it in there in the past
without any ill effects...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com