[mythtv-users] MythTV Frontend Settings Reset?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 09:09:39 UTC 2005

On 16/09/05, hydrateordie at earthlink.net <hydrateordie at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I've been trying to get my server settings to work, but I think it's
> just my frontend settings that are messed up.  Currently neither
> MythFrontend or mythtv-setup will start up... If I run them, they
> just kinda sit and sputter... From the commandline it outputs New DB
> connection, total: 1, and then just stops for a while and eventually
> says something like:
>
> Unable to connect to database!
> Driver error was [1/2003]:
> QMYSQL3: Unable to connect
> Database error was:
> Can't connect to MySQL server on 192.168.1.100 (101)
>
> I think it's because it's set to look for the wrong IP address for
> the server.  Is there anyway to reset my config for this?  If I start
> mythfrontend on another user, it works.  Thanks!

In your user directory is a directory called .mythtv. There should be
a file in this called mysql.txt which contains settings for the
database host name/address, user, password, and database name
(mythconverg). You should be able to edit this to make things work
again. Check one of the other user's settings, and use those.

Nick