[mythtv-users] Link To A Nice Case

shadestalker at gmail.com shadestalker at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 22:03:25 UTC 2005

On 9/15/05, Paul K <pkahlert at gmail.com> wrote:

> I used this case for my second Myth box. For the $39 +shipping, It's nice.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811195020

I would stay far away from unknown brand PSUs with high power ratings at
prices like that. You are also going to be stuck with a 60mm (from the looks
of it) whiny fan unless you make your own modifications.

If you really want an HTPC form factor, consider spending the money on ones
that are known winners or at least contenders.
http://silentpcreview.com/has plenty of reviews and recommendations,
as well as searchable forums that
are very helpful.

I decided I don't mind a PC tower sitting near the other entertainment gear,
and built my mythtv box into an old Antec case using relatively lower end
CPU and video and cooling components picked for low noise. At viewing
distance from the television, I can't hear the box, and the IR receiver for
the PVR-350 is on a long enough wire that it's well-placed in front of the
TV.