[mythtv-users] MythStreamTV and RPMs

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 08:28:33 UTC 2005

On 9/17/05, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been trying to get MythStreamTV working for weeks now with no joy.
>
> First question is has anyone got this working with binary RPM versions
> of ffmpeg and vlc. I'm running FC3 and my versions are as follows:
>
> ffmpeg -
> Version     : 0.4.9                             Vendor: ATrpms.net
> Release     : 9_cvs20050517.rhfc3.at        Build Date: Tue 17 May 2005 22:28:51
>
> vlc -
> Version     : 0.8.1                             Vendor: (none)
> Release     : 1                             Build Date: Mon 29 Nov 2004 12:49:47
>
> I have compiled MythStreamTV myself as I can't find an RPM for it.
>
> The README says to download, compile and install from source but I
> don't like doing that. If that's the only way then I might do it, but
> if it is possible to get it working from binary RPM installs I'd
> rather do that.

I had to compile both ffmpeq and vlc when the project was first
released.  I was (and still am) a noob, but I managed it so you should
be right Phill :P  I think the hard part is getting the configure
correct, so it support MP3 etc.

Also, all that MythStreamTV is, is a some php pages and a script that
modifies MythWeb a little to include the other web pages.

HTH's
Whytey