[mythtv-users] Movie & Category lists empty...

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat Sep 17 18:01:42 UTC 2005

Jules Gosnell wrote:
> Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>> Jules Gosnell wrote:
>>

>>> Since upgrading my server to FC4 and moving up to 0.18, I seem to
>>> have lost the contents of these two under
>>> manageRecordings/ScheduleRecordings/SearchLists....
>>>
>>> mythfilldatabase seems to be working happily and regularly and all my
>>> other program listing views are fully populated - maybe whatever is
>>> used to tag these has changed or somehow got broken in my installation ?
>>

>> Movies are selected by checking the program.category_type field
>> and the Category lists are based on the program.category field.
>> Look at the frontend output messages when you go to these pages
>> to see if there are any database errors reported. You could highlight
>> some shows from any of the scheduling pages and press "U" to see the
>> program details and look to see if there are values for these fields.
>>
>> You could also try:
>>
>> mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
>> mysql> select category_type,category from program;
>>
> I enclose a log of this - things look OK, columns seem to be populated...

Many are blank but that shouldn't matter. The strings look valid.

> running the frontend with -v all -
> asking for the Entertainment category :

I forgot to ask but this implies that the popup did include the
list of category names.

> 2005-09-16 12:26:23.732 write->8 19      QUERY_GETALLPENDING:
> 2005-09-16 12:26:30.921 write->8 36
> QUERY_IS_ACTIVE_BACKEND[]:[]smilodon:

So it didn't print a DBError for "ProgramList::FromProgram".

> both queries result in "No listings found for this program" being
> displayed.... other queries like 'New Titles', 'Channels' and 'Time' all
> find plenty of programs, as does the Program Guide...

Well, unfortunately this doesn't make a lot of sense. The
query to get the category names suceeded and the query for
matching results didn't fail but returned no matches. The
other similar queries worked which probably eliminates a damaged
database table, all channels marked as invisible, or some general
syntax error. In short, it shoudda worked.

One other question, after your system upgrade, did you make sure
to do a "make distclean" and recompile myth againts the current
system libraries?

If that doesn't fix it, please do the following:

$ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
mysql> truncate program;

then run "mythfilldatabase" again.

If the problem still presists, run:

$ mysqldump -ct -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg channel program > catquery.sql
$ gzip catquery.sql

and attach the file in an email to me.

--  bjm