[mythtv-users] MythTV Presentation

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Sun Sep 18 14:12:15 UTC 2005

Mike Ryan wrote:

> It'll only be a short presentation (10 minutes or so probably), so there's only
> a limited amount of high-level information I'll be able to get across. However,
> there's a QA session afterwards as well.

If I may make a suggestion.. Make a statement or two about the freedom
MythTV offers.  When I was looking at building or buying a PVR, I made
the decision to go with Myth primarily for the reason that I expected
the recording industry lobbyists and advertisers to ruin the commercial
PVRs.  We're starting to see that happen, with them controlling the
content in more and more ways.  With Myth, I don't have to deal with any
of that nonsense.  I can use the system to legally time shift and
archive shows I pay for with my cable TV subscription and not be treated
like a criminal for it.