[mythtv-users] Re: remote frontend and mtd

Geo geodiaz_79 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 01:03:49 UTC 2005

The reason we got no jobs was both the daemon not loading and the dvd was not mounting properly.  We remarked out (put a # in front of /dev/hdb in our case) the dvd roms mount in fstab and this seemed to fix that issue.  Another big one was getting the daemon to run at boot.  We fixed this by creating a script in /home/mythtv/.kde/Autostart (we called it runmtd.sh).  We just used one command line, here is the script we wrote:

#! /bin/sh

#script to launch transcode daemon at startup

kdesu -u -root -c /user/bin/mtd -d

exit

This will run mtd as a daemon with root permissions.  The issue we have now is permission to write to the nfs mount as a regular user (it will only let mythtv write to the mount ONLY if it is launched as root), we have not figured that one out yet.  Seems to be something in the NFS permissions on the backend.