[mythtv-users] Trouble doing a Mac frontend build

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Mon Sep 19 07:32:42 UTC 2005

I'm using this script:

http://steadydecline.net/public/osx-packager.pl

...to try and do some MacOS frontend builds. The binaries I've found
linked off of the wiki page (http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/
MythOnMacOsx) don't have the plugins I want.

I have a 18.1 backend and my Mac is running 10.4.2, gcc 4. I launched
the script like so:

osx-packager.pl -branch release-0-18-fixes -plugins
mythvideo,mythweather

It grabbed and compiled FreeType ok, but choked when trying to build
lame (configure and make output attached). At a guess, it may be the
missing GTK shown in configure, but I dunno. Suggestions? Thanks!

-Pete