[mythtv-users] Mass channel deletes

Dave Sherohman esper at sherohman.org
Mon Sep 19 14:19:08 UTC 2005

Since I didn't recognize all the abbreviated channel IDs, I just set
myself up initially for all channels that I receive when I signed up
with zap2it.  I've now gone through and identified about two dozen
channels that don't interest me and have removed them from my zap2it
lineup.

Section 22.9 of the howto states that I now should go into the
database directly and run a couple SQL statements to get rid of "the"
channel I deleted... but that seems a bit labor-intensive when you're
doing more than a couple channels all at once.  Is there a quicker
way to do a bulk channel removal?  Would I break my existing
recordings or upcoming recording schedule if I just deleted all
records from the channel table, then ran mythfilldatabase manually to
reconstruct it?

--
The freedoms that we enjoy presently are the most important victories of the
White Hats over the past several millennia, and it is vitally important that