[mythtv-users] Problems with DVB EIT event updates ... ?

Tomi Orava tomimo+mythtv-users at ncircle.nullnet.fi
Tue Sep 20 05:37:33 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else noticed a similar problem where a DVB-C based system
is unable to update it's EIT (Program Guide) via DVB automatically ?
I have tested that for example tv_grab_dvb works just fine, but the
internal "Siparser" is not able to insert the EIT events into the
database.

I'm currently testing with the latest devel-branch of mythtv (SVN 7273)
with mythbackend -v channel,siparser,schedule options and with
EIT_DEBUG_SID=49
(the ServiceID 49 is equal to local MTV3-channel).

So for some unknown reason the DVB EIT fails to insert the retrieved short
event descriptor data (0x4D) into the database. It does seem to get
gathered up into Qmap (if I understand correctly), but after that it
starts to loop with the "EventHandler::AddSection" messages over and over
again. To me it looks like everything would be just fine if the looping
would end at some point and the gathered event data would be emitted to
the database. However, the event handler logic seems little bit unclear to
me.

I also tried to comment out the couple of lines of code in
SIParser::ParseDescLinkage in siparser.cpp (Kristian Kalweit problem)
without success.

The problems started a couple of weeks ago, when I moved into a new
apartment that has a different cable-tv operator than my old apartment.

I have opened a bug report at http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/344
A full debug log is available there as well.

Regards,
Tomi Orava