[mythtv-users] Hollywood Realmagic Plus

Taan taan at cryologic.com
Tue Sep 20 08:08:58 UTC 2005

I would also be very interested in testing it if you ever got the dxr3
working again.

Taan

>> I wonder how hard it would be to integrate? Has anyone ever looked
> into it?
>
>  Honestly hacking myth to playback the mpeg2 content through the
> dxr3/em8300/h+
> cards is not very difficult. I use to patch mine to do just that until
> I got a MediaMVP which replaced that frontend.
>
>  The real trick is getting X outputted through it.  At one point I did hack
> up an X driver to support that as well but after a harddrive faiulure(bad
> me with no current backup of the source) and the birth of my daughter I
> never got around to redoing it.
>
> Here is a very old screenshot of the config menu from when I was
> patching mine to do it. Now that my daughter is getting a little older,
> and the em8300 driver fellows have had some success with working on an
> ALSA driver for the em8300 output, I might start working on that again.
> Not that I really need it, but because it was interesting :)
>
> http://www.phaze.org/mythtv_dxr3setup.jpg

This e-mail message is privileged and confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient please delete the message and notify the sender.
Although this email is believed to be free of viruses, CryoLogic
accepts no responsibility for any consequences arising from its receipt
or use.