[mythtv-users] Re: DVB-S channel scan problem with 18.1, Astra 19.2, skystar2

John Pullan john.pullan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 15:30:58 UTC 2005

On 20/09/05, Bob Honzik <bobiko at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jochen,
>
> On 9/20/05, Jochen Kühner <jochen.kuehner at gmx.de> wrote:
> > I hope i can help you...
> >
> > The DVB data in your Tables in correct.
> >
> > The dvb_pids table is also no longer used!
> >
> > The pid is in the channel table and it is correct (I have only checked for
> > "Das Erste")
>
>  Well, I can see the service ID there in the channel table - e.g. 28106 for
> Das Erste. But there should also be video, audio and videotext PIDs
> somewhere, I think. I wonder where are they, then. Maybe they are negotiated
> somehow "on the fly"? Btw. how do you select the desired audio channel on
> Arte, if it is sending in German and french?

If you are recording in TS mode then use + and - to change the audio
channel. Also there's some database config you can set which will auto
select the correct stream. (sorry can't remember the setting)

>  My dvb_pids table is empty and therefore I assumed THIS is the reason why I
> am not able to receive anything. Well, maybe the problem is somewhere
> else...

Bad assumption, at least if you're running later than 0.16. dvb_pids
is no longer used (along with dvb_channel but that's been pointed out
before).

<snip>

Daft question, but do you have your initial channel to tune to set to
something appropriate e.g 28106 for "Das Erste" ?

Regards.

--
John