[mythtv-users] Setting up slave backend system

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Sep 20 16:22:14 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-20 at 11:04 -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Greg Woods wrote:

> >>I expected to see the SBE capture cards defined in the MBE system in the
> >>status page or in the setup on the MBE.
> >>

> >This means you have to run mythtv-setup on the machine that has the card
> >to set up capture cards.

> Why is this confusing?

I too expected to see all the available capture cards in mythtv-setup no
matter which host I ran it on. Now that I understand more about how it
works (that is, some things are stored in the central database and some
are stored locally), it's not so confusing any more. But when I was
first trying to set up an SBE that had previously been a tuner-less
front-end-only system, it was confusing.

--Greg