[mythtv-users] frontend crash during UK dvb-t playback - only at adverts

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 19:25:57 UTC 2005

On 20/09/05, Alan Bates <bite.my.shiny.metal.ass at gmail.com> wrote:
> ok - bit more info. editing some of the setup options changed the
> behaviour. disabling "extra audio buffering" in tv playback options
> means the loss of audio does not occur at the commercial break. great!
> but the reason it's enabled is because if it's not, playback loses
> audio, crackles AND video ffwds at some points - seemingly random
> although changing aspect ratio manually makes it happen. points to an
> audio/buffer problem?

I would check to make sure you are using a newish (>=1.0.8, likely if
using atrpms) version of ALSA and see if this helps at all. Disable
arts too as this can cause problems. I don't have any of these issues
using the new Nova-T (909 or 90002 model). Does this behaviour still
occur if you manually override the AR changing in frontend setup?

Nick