[mythtv-users] Multiple Video Card Possible?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Sep 21 13:03:37 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 00:21, cardboil wrote:
> Does that mean I don't need a video card at all when using PVR-350,
> assuming I'm planning to build a dedicated Myth box connected only to
> the TV.  Just want to confirm that I can use the PVR 350 to use the TV
> as my monitor for Myth as well as the usual linux apps.  Thx.

I have a dedicated mythtv box that is only connected to the TV.  Using
it for just mythtv the PVR-350 output is very good.  X is configured to
use the PVR-350.  You might want to further define the "usual linux
apps.".

However, if you are planning on running other applications not related
to mythtv I think you will find the output to the TV will not be very
good.  This was true back when C64s were around.  It could be done but
it was better with a dedicated monitor.  I don't know if an HDTV would
even make that much difference.

A video card is needed when setting up mythtv.  Once you have it all set
you make the changes to use the PVR-350 for X.