[mythtv-users] Ubuntu mythtv and libqt3c102-mt

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed Sep 21 14:48:50 UTC 2005

On 21-Sep-05, at 9:46 AM, David Vitrant wrote:

> since my ubuntu has libqt3-mt (same file) installed. the old name
> isn't being used..but the packages are looking for it..
>
> how can i trick the system into thinking libqt3c102 is libqt3

Check out the debian equivs package. Quoting from the description:

  If a package P is not installed on the system, packages
  that depend on P cannot normally be installed.  However,
  if equivalent functionality to P is known to be installed,
  this tool can be used to trick the Debian package management
  system into believing that package P is actually installed.

- George