[mythtv-users] fixing database- file deleted but still in

Mike Daugird MDaugird at erdman.com
Fri Sep 23 15:45:06 UTC 2005

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=35402
may be a help

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:20:01 -0400
From: "Scot L. Harris" <webid at cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] fixing database- file deleted but still in
	recordings list
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 22:56, Robert Johnston wrote:
> On 22/09/05, mrwester <mrwester at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi-  I've searched the archive and seen posts for myth.rebuilddatabase.pl,
> > but my problem is the opposite.  The other night I was coming dangerously
> > close to running out of disk space, so I, in rapid succession, deleted a 5-6
> > shows from within a mythtv frontend delete shows menu.  I could see that I
> > was reclaiming drive space,  but for a few of them, the title of the show
> > didn't disappear from the recorded shows list.  In my /video/recordings
> > directory the .nuv file is gone.  In the previously recorded menu, the shows
> > do not show up.  Trying to delete them again does nothing, from either
> > inside mythtv frontend or via mythweb.  They still show up as recordings,
> > but there is no .nuv file associated with them, and they're not showing in
> > the previously recorded menu... In addition, they don't expire.  For example
> > one of them is BBC news- gets recorded every day.  I changed my settings to
> > keep only one, and todays BBC news got recorded, but the old one- without an
> > associated .nuv file is still showing in the menu. Does anyone know how I
> > can get rid of these entries in the recordings list?    Thanks, Mike
>
> In thoery, you should be able to delete the recording anyway, as Myth
> will "Touch" the file and then delete that touched file.
>
> At least, in SVN that's possible. I'm not sure if it made it into 0.18.1 or not.

Not sure myth does the "touch" first, would be nice if it did.  I had a
similar problem a while back.  And the solution was to try to delete it.
Check the mythbackend.log file to get the full name of the missing nuv
file and then manually do a touch of that file name, creating an empty
file.  Then go back and do the delete.