[mythtv-users] DC-300 CD Library integration with MythTV

David Ellis david at ellisonline.ca
Fri Sep 23 20:12:10 UTC 2005

I was looking at creating a plugin for my DC-300 (also called the Dacal CD
Library II). This is a carousel style device that holds 150 CD's/DVD's. The
device has a USB Plug that connects to the computer to allow the computer to
"eject" a specific CD/DVD.

I was wondering a few things:

1) Has anyone here created a user space or kernel driver for this device
(it's a long shot - worst case I'm gonna have to write one myself with
usbsnoopy and some creative reverse engineering).

2) Are there any minimal plugins I can use as a starting point or template
for my own (new) plugin?

3) Is there interest in this? Anyone else have a DC-300?

Thanks Guys,

David