[mythtv-users] Jarod's 27" TV and xorg.conf question

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 23:57:10 UTC 2005

On 22/09/05, Craig Tinson <craig at 8010.co.uk> wrote:
> okies.. quick question
>
> on Jarod's site he mentions he has a standard 27" analog TV plugged into
> his mx440 nv card
>
> First of all he doesn't specify if it's a widescreen - which mine is
>
> If his is.. and remembering he's in the US and i'm in UK.. in theory I
> should be able to just copy his xorg.conf from:
>
> http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/xorg.conf-SVid.txt
>
> and change it to PAL-I..

And remember to change VertRefresh to 50Hz. If using a widescreen TV,
use the DisplaySize option in your Monitor definition to ensure MythTV
(and other apps) use the screen correctly.

> I tried this and it *hard* locked my machine - had to reboot into rescue
> mode from dvd and cp the orignal xorg.conf back over..

I'd check the Xorg error log and see if it tells you why it failed.
I'd also recommend using the video driver's TV-out config utility to
ensure all other settings are correct.

Nick