[mythtv-users] Picture quality question

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Sat Sep 24 16:11:57 UTC 2005

Dag Nygren wrote:

>Hi there list!
>
>Finally got a working setup of my MythTV and
>have some questions to you experts:
>
>The setup is a Twinhan DVB-T board, Prosavage
>display controller and a Viewsonic 16:9 LCD
>TV using the VGA input.
>
>The picture is otherwise fine, but in darker areas
>with shades it seems like the colors available aren't enough
>but there are distinct island s of colors.
>
>Looking at the same picture through the analog built in receiver
>doesn't show these artefacts.
>
>My questions are:
>1. Which part is causing this problem: broadcast, DVB-board, Mythtv,
>  X-window system or LCD screen?
>2. What can I do to get rid of it
>
>Best from Finland
>Dag

I don't use DVB.. but I presume it works like all other capture cards

The signal is being captures, compressed, saved and then displayed.. and
the result of the compression is what you are seeing.

Try increasing the quality in the "recording profiles" part of setup and
see how that works for you -easier to test your settings under the "live
tv" profile - then when you are happy copy the settings to the other
profile you use for recording

hth

Craig