[mythtv-users] libdvdread can't find my DVD

Claude Gélinas agr. claude at phyto.qc.ca
Sun Sep 25 03:40:56 UTC 2005

When I try to listen a dvd via mythfrontend I get the following error
message on the console:

Voici xine (X11 gui) - un lecteur vidéo libre v0.99.3.
(c) 2000-2004 L'Equipe de xine.
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.8 for DVD access
libdvdread: Attempting to use device /dev/hda2 mounted on / for CSS
authentication
libdvdread: Could not open /dev/hda2 with libdvdcss.
libdvdread: Can't open /dev/hda2 for reading
libdvdread: Device /dev/hda2 inaccessible, CSS authentication not
available.
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
libdvdnav:DVDOpenFilePath:findDVDFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.

/dev/hda2 is my / partition, not my dvd which is /dev/hdc

using directly xine without myth work fine. Where is the setup to tell
myth or xine to not try hda2 ???
--
-----
Claude Gélinas agr., dta