[mythtv-users] bttv-dvb card + ivtv problem (Was: DVB setup question)

Johan Reinalda johan at global.thunderbird.edu
Mon Sep 26 02:40:19 UTC 2005

All,
See the original posting below.
I since have come to realize that I left an important piece of information:
I also have a PVR-150 card running the ivtv 0.3 drivers in the system!

I upgraded the kernel today to troubleshoot, and accidentally forgot to
reinstall the ivtv drivers. To my surprise, the DVB channels worked as
expected! (but my local tv channels did not!)

So, I tried reinstalling ivtv 0.3.9, without renaming the various kernel
modules as suggested by the installer, to see if that fixed things. Now my
tv channels work again (in spite of running several kernel modules!), but my
DVB in Mythtv is dead, with the same errors (see posting below)

However, in this setup, mythtv can tune to tv, and in a different X session,
I can run szap
to tune the bttv satellite card and then run mplayer to watch the satellite
video just fine! Ie. both the pvr-150 and twinhan dvb-s card can be accessed
at the same time!

So, this seems to be an interaction problem between the kernel bttv drivers,
the ivtv drivers, and mythtv.
Question is: where to start, which of the three is the issue? mythtv, bttv
or ivtv?

Specs:
kernel = 2.6.12-1.1378_FC3
bttv = 0.9.15 (came with kernel)
ivtv = 0.3.9  (previously was 0.3.7h)
mythtv = 0.18.1-114 (x86_64) from atrpms

ivtv loaded from /etc/modprobe.conf as:
#PVR150-MCE, NTSC, tuner 47
alias char-major-81 ivtv
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options cx25840 i2c_enable=1
options ivtv ivtv_debug=1

and satellite card load from S99local, right before start of mythbackend as:
#Twinhan 1022A DVB-S card
/sbin/modprobe dvb_core dvb_shutdown_timeout=0
/sbin/modprobe bttv i2c_hw=1 card=0x71
/sbin/modprobe bt878
/sbin/modprobe dst verbose=5 debug=1
/sbin/modprobe dvb-bt8xx

Is it possible this is fixed in latest cvs code?

Thanks for all the help!

Johan