[mythtv-users] Using FF with PVR-350 causing image corruption and freezing

John Risby john at enville.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 12:16:23 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've just updated to 0.18.2 because I was having problems with lockups
when I FF using a PVR-350 (it appeared to happen if I used 20x or
higher).

I've not noticed that problem in the last couple of days but I'm still
getting something I occasionally saw with 0.18.1

If I FF now (again it seems to be 20x or higher), the screen flashes
green and shows some garbage. If I stop it quickly it recovers but if I
don't it can freeze and leave a brown striped screen. If I go back to
the menu I can see that fine, but whenever I play any video it goes back
to the brown screen. I'm running X via the PVR-350 tv out.

Does anyone have any ideas why it is doing this and what I can do to fix
it?

I'm using 0.18.2, ivtv 0.3.9, and 2.6.13-rc6 kernel (compiled on top of
FC4).

Thanks
John