[mythtv-users] DVB Static sound

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 14:38:38 UTC 2005

On 26/09/05, Dave Oxley <dave at daveoxley.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a MythTV box (Gentoo Linux) that has 2 DVB cards in it. The audio
> from the DVB-S card is fine, but the DVB-T gives static (video is fine
> on both). What makes this stranger is that I have a frontend on my
> laptop (FC3) that connects to the MythTV box and the audio is fine from
> the DVB-T card on this.

My guess is that your DVB card is recording several soundtracks,
including at least one that is blank.  For some reason your local
frontend is selecting the blank one by default, while the remote
frontend manages to find the correct one.

You could try cycling through the available soundtracks on the
mythfronend to see if this is the case (can't remember the key to
press offhand).

I had problems with losing sound, or getting wrong soundtrack.
Switching from PS to TS recording fixed this for me.  In mythtvsetup I
think.