[mythtv-users] Best solution for Burning to DVD?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 18:35:15 UTC 2005

On 9/26/05, Mark Hutchinson <mark at onnow.net> wrote:
> I want to burn ( archives ) some of my recorded shows. All captured from a
> PVR250.
> I am running 18.1 from RPMS on FC4.
> Options seem to be:
>
> nuvexport ( I get errors on this _
> Mythburn
>
> What else is there?  What is easiest?

Walk before you run...

You can use commandline tools like mkisofs and growisofs to burn *.nuv
files to CDROM/DVD and play them later with mplayer

This is almost always going to be the fastest archive method.

Or... try a GUI like k3b combines with the mythlist.sh script to show
program names.

Then work your way up to transcoding with nuvexport (hint: rebuild it
from source to find out why it's not working), and finally, move to
authoring dvds.

-Ross