[mythtv-users] Anyone successful with HD3000 DVB and PVR-150/500's?

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 00:17:57 UTC 2005

On 9/26/05, ToadMazter <toadmazter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Four months, two cases, three CPU's, four motherboards, and 42 more gray
> hairs later... and I still have yet to watch any MythTV. :-(
>
> I'm currently on FC4 using two HD3000's and a PVR-150 (soon to be replaced
> with a PVR-500).  After a complete fresh re-install of FC4 and YUM upgrade
> to the current 2.6.12xxxx kernel, I finally was able to see the HD3000 cards
> recognized and the DVB drivers loaded (verified byt the dmesg output).  That
> was until I installed the ivtv drivers for the PVR-150.  (MythTV capture
> card setup only saw the PVR-150 and no DVB cards.)  I went back and looked
> at the dmesg output ant the DVB drivers were gone.
>
> So, maybe me thinks what I am attempting to do impossible for nOOB like me.
> Is anyone succesfully running FC4 with HD3000 DVB and ivtv 0.3.x drivers?
> I'm sure this must be a pretty standard backend configuration (and I really
> don't want to build a slave BE).  All help would be GREATLY appreciated!
>
> Thanks!

It is the tveeprom module that is causing the problem:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ivtv/devel/24044?search_string=tveeprom;#24044

The one that comes with the kernel will not talk to the newer PVR
cards, while the one that comes with IVTV does not like the HD-x000
cards.

I managed to hack up a version which works with both cards, but it
really is a hack.  You should ask for help on the IVTV mailing list.
If you don't have a better option, I can send you a diff for the
kernel tveeprom.c file which is working for me.

John