[mythtv-users] OT: Yet another Wiki->BYOPVR contest PVR150||MVP||Fusion 5 lite

Erik Pettersen pettersen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 01:48:58 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've started yet another wiki/faq, because that's what the interweb
really needs, is another disparate/separate half baked store of random
bits of information, right?  :)  Mostly it's because the byopvr forum
get's innundated with the same questions ( can I use a PVR150MCE
without Windows MCE 2005?  Is there a digital cable tuner card?  How
do I hook up my PVR to Dish Network/DirecTV?  Mommy, where do tv
listings come from? What software should I use?)

I'm hoping for something a little more holistic and encompassing of
all HTPC/PVR topics, regardless of platform, but I could really use a
hand as I clearly don't know everything and can't document
*everything*. I'm really more of a cook book linux user (gasp!) so
that's one area that really needs a lot of help.

So... I'm running a little contest on BYOPVR to reward/entice the
"best" contributor the FAQ/Wiki.  I've got a pretty broad sense of
what constitutes participation and the winner could  either contribute
one or two really awesome article on explaining everything there is to
know about IR Blasters with links to every brand/resource and pretty
demonstrative graphics OR simply the person who makes several small
refinements/improvements to existing pages.  Vanity project pages are
welcome to (i.e. if you needed a place to describe your setup and
catalog your experience but never bothered to setup your own
webhost/blog/project page)

Any ways I rambling again... basically I'll give away your choice of
PVR150 (retail), MediaMVP, or Dvico Fusion 5 lite to the person who
makes the best/most contributions to the FAQ/Wiki between now and the
end of October.  I'll ship the prize to USA, Canada, & the UK.

Here's the forum post with more details:
http://forum.byopvr.com/dvr/index.php/topic,3554.0.html

Here's the Wiki/Faq itself
http://www.diy-pvr-dvr-htpc.com/index.php/Main_Page

Small but hopefully growing list of current topics:
http://www.diy-pvr-dvr-htpc.com/index.php/Special:Allpages

The linux and mythTV pages could really use some of your guys touch ;)
http://www.diy-pvr-dvr-htpc.com/index.php/Linux
http://www.diy-pvr-dvr-htpc.com/index.php/MythTV

I'm more interested in content than style, so if you aren't familiar
with wiki's conventions just shlop the text in there and someone else
will pretty it up.  Oh and the wiki does require a login (sorry).

I hope this isn't too off topic and not too self promotional in
nature.  I'm ready for my textual smack down if it is, just thought
i'd open the "contest" to the MythTV user community *shrug*

E.
--
http://www.byopvr.com