[mythtv-users] REALLY NEED HELP : Channel Scanning

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Sep 27 13:11:12 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 18:49 +1000, Phill Edwards wrote:

> But if you've got analogue cable, how's that ever going to work with a
> DVB card which is expecting a digital signal?

I have used the pcHDTV-3000 card successfully, with analog cable, using
the V4L drivers. I'm not saying that's necessarily the best; I too am
fairly confused about all the different drivers vs. signal types vs.
kernel versions. All I can say is that this worked for me. I ended up
switching to a PVR-500 so I could get two tuners and hardware encoding;
I'll save the 3000 card in case I ever get an HD-capable TV.

--Greg