[mythtv-users] Plextor ConvertX tuner

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 14:56:45 UTC 2005

On 9/25/05, mikko at sorl.net <mikko at sorl.net> wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I just bought a PlextorX and I'm trying to set up a nice mythtv box. I'm
> not sure if the tuner search channels function isn't working because I
> sure as hell cannot get it to work. I have tried the debian unstable
> package available and some 0.18.x version for ubuntu breezer. I Have also
> tried to compile it from source, even the latest svn version. Anyone using
> this device that can give me a hint on how to use it would be great. I
> guess I could try to find the freqs and type them in manually, havn't
> tried this yet.
>
> All the best, Mikko

have you downloaded and gotten the driver to work?  go7007-usb i
believe is the module.  Check Plextor's site and get the driver there.
 compile and install it.  make sure you have fxload installed.  plug
in the plextor, (on my box -ubuntu hoary- I have to modprobe -r
go7007-usb and then re-insert the module to get all the firmware to
load correctly.  but after that it works flawlessly.

I built myth from source, and set up a channel lineup with zap2it, I
never did any channel scanning.  just set up the line up, ran
mythfilldatabase, and everthing worked great.  (you may need to adjust
the tv playback preferences if you get a green screen instead of
video)