[mythtv-users] Re: /video XFS need new HD

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 00:32:12 UTC 2005

Let's reinforce what was said previously in this thread:

If you don't have lvm and want to convert to one the easies way is to
add the new drive as first phisical volume of lvm, create a single
logical volume on top of that, format it using xfs and then copy files
over from the old partition/disk. When everything is on the new drive
- add the old drive/partition as next phisical volume and then extend
the logical one to span across both drives.

This is exactly how I did mine. My mythtv was initally set up using 150GB
xfs partition /dev/hda4 mounted as /video. Purchased 300GB drive to expand
the storage. Linux Volume Manager (LVM) will hook these 2 together as one.