[mythtv-users] Australian Digital TV Cards

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 08:35:16 UTC 2005

> > Can people in australia please let me know 1) What card they are using, and
> > 2) if you were building it again, would you opt for the same card or go for
> > a different one.

I have 2 KWorld V-Stream Xpert DVB-T PCI cards which work a treat and
have great support in the kernel I'm running from ATRPMs
(2.6.11-1.27_FC3). I was advised to go for these as they don't have
buffer issues like some other cards. I would definitely buy them
again. The only downside is that the remote is pretty crappy (by which
I mean very few buttons) but I already had a decent remote anyway so
that didn't matter to me.

> > Also possibily some places to buy (online) would be a real help.

eBay is good - I got mine from this seller with no problems -
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/High-Definition-Digital-TV-Tuner-Capture-Card-RRP-189_W0QQitemZ5284907423QQcategoryZ111509QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Price $99.50. Some mug's trying to sell them for $160 so avoid that
one like the plague!

> > If there are some of you that think i should go for HD TV cards, feel free
> > to reply also with your comments on Which card, and possibily where to buy.
> > I have thought about it, but dont know if enough of the shows i want to
> > record will be in HD.

This card supports HD in Windows - not sure about Linux. But we get
sod all programs broadcast in HD anyway in Oz and you need a beefy CPU
to play it back so I don't think it's really worth the hassle.

My 2c worth,
Phill