[mythtv-users] Slighty OT: Pundit PSU about to die.

Krunoslav Pisacic k.pisacic at vip.hr
Wed Sep 28 11:20:57 UTC 2005

I have replaced my PSU fan on Pundit-S couple of times.

The right way is to find 80x80x20 fan, which fit perfectly. Not impossible but a bit hard. Where i live, there was no change of
finding it, so i went the other way.
the simplest way it to put 80x80x15 fan (as from Zalman's ZM-OP1), which fit inside Pundit's PSU with a space to spare. Downside is
that this small fans usually do not have high airflow required for PSU. But if you run case cool enough (no fancy Perscot's od DVB-S
cards) you should be fine.
it is also possible to fit larger fan 80x80x25. These are available everywhere. A little of PSU curring and bending is required to
put this larger fan inside. I am currently runnign quiet Papast N/2GLE fan.

i have photos with Zalman's ZM-OP1 inside:

http://web.vip.hr/k.pisacic.vip/mythtv/IMG_3932.jpg
http://web.vip.hr/k.pisacic.vip/mythtv/IMG_3930.jpg

but none with (current) Papst inside.

br,