[mythtv-users] Converting master to slave

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Sep 28 14:07:08 UTC 2005

Greg Woods wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 19:54 -0400, Tom Lichti wrote:
>
>> I recently setup a second backend, and in testing I made it a master
>> server.
>>

> In that case, when you set up the tuner cards, they were never put into
> the database on your real master. That is most likely the reason why the
> real master doesn't see them. While the master is up, try clearing and
> re-creating the capture cards on the slave. After you do that, you will
> have to restart the backend on the master for it to see the new tuners.

That was done.
> Also make sure that your mysql.txt files on the slave properly point to
> the database on the master.

So was that.

However, I believe it was and ID10T/PEBKAC error. I didn't re-run
mythfilldatabase after setting up the cards. I only realized that this
morning when I got the cron email showing the daily mythfilldatabase
load, and it being roughly twice as big as usual.... ding-dong....

I will check tonight to make sure it actually fixed the problem, but I
suspect that it did...

My apologies, but a good one for the archives.

Thanks
Tom