[mythtv-users] OT: Dead(?) vertical line on LCD

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 08:58:13 UTC 2005

> Also the pixels aren't really dead -- they show color, just a
> different color than the pixels to the right and left. When that part
> of the screen is certain colors (green, red, black), there is no
> noticable problem, but when that bit is blue (other than default),
> white, or other lilght color,  the line is clearly visible.

Are you sure that line really changes colour?  The eye/brain plays a
lot of tricks when two colour's are side by side, and one of them
changes.  Have you ever see that tile pattern where most people see
about 8 colours when in fact there are only three?

Hope you find a way to fix it, but it sounds a bit terminal to me.