[mythtv-users] FusionHDTV 5 on Linux

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Thu Sep 29 12:11:46 UTC 2005

Tom Dombrosky [tbdombrosky at gmail.com] wrote:
> Good discussion. I just got the Lite and I got it to work with the same
> config (2.6.13 and CVS v4l and dvb-kernel). I too have a few issues on the
> high frequency channels (cable box doesn't have problems), but I think it's
> because it's split too many times. I didn't know you could use those signal
> amp things. I'll try one and see if it works.

I got a combined 8db amp/slitter from Radio Shack, and it made all the
difference for me.  Before I got the amp, I had problems across the
board, not on any particular frequency.

What frequencies do you have problems with?

Can you capture a full 38Mb/s QAM256 channel using something like
dvb-apps/test/test_dvr.c?

Drew