[mythtv-users] Re: Nova-T - FC3

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 17:17:45 UTC 2005

On 29/09/05, Nick Parkinson <nickparkinson at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Message: 18
>
> Firstly, not sure if this is helpful but I've just
> managed to get scan channels to work on Knoppmyth
> R5A16 via a kernel upgrade... see below if of any
> relevance to FC3.
>
> http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5827&highlight=novat+hurdle
>
> With a link to (a perhaps outdated) FC3 specific
> guide...
>
> http://www.helkit.com/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/Main/MythTVDVB-TAndConexantNotes
>
> Anyway, can anyone help me?  I've managed to scan
> channels and run mythfilldatabase but when I go to
> Watch TV I get a black screen.  You mention that
> permissions have to be set right and the driver must
> be a certain one.  I suspect this may be my problem
> given that on bootup I see that the blackbird 0.0.5
> version is loaded.  Also my output when trying to

If it's the 90002/909 version of the Nova-T (the new one) it should be
using the cx88_dvb driver I think (at least mine is) The backend
process needs access to it, so if running it as root, it should be OK.
What is the content of your modprobe.conf file and your messages
output when the DVB driver is modprobed?

> WATCH TV is....
>
> --------
> Failed to find network interface eth0
> SIP Cannot register:proxy, username or password not
> set
> Connecting to backend server:  127.0.0.1.6543
> Using protocol 15
> Taking too long to be allowed to read...
> Couldn't read file:
> rbuf://127.0.0.1:6543/cache/cache/ringbuf1.nuv
> Changing from None to LiveTv
> Decoder not alive, and trying to play
> Changing from None to None
> Remotefile::Read::Read()failed in
> Ringbuffer::saferead()

This is more likely the source of the problem. Check that the path to
your ringbuffer file is correct above, and that the file and directory
is accessible and writeable by root.

Nick