[mythtv-users] Noob Question....

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Sep 29 18:18:04 UTC 2005

He was a bit harsh, but there are some things you
don't seem to be familiar with...

Changing the subject does not change threading.  There
are some things going on behind the scenes with mail headers
that dictate how the message is threaded.  I don't think
anyone really thought you were thread-hijacking...

This is definitely the right place to ask (don't say forum here,
it is looked down upon, and I tend to agree with the decision).

I completely missed your question because it was in with
the other thread.  However, there are a few places you might
want to look first...

The Big Daddy - http://www.mythtv.org
Community Wiki - http://www.mythtv.info
Jarod's Guide - http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/
The EFF - http://www.eff.org/broadcastflag/cookbook/guide.php
Wendy from the EFF http://wendy.seltzer.org/mythtv/
Searchable MythTV archives -

There is no FAQ as of yet, but someone is working on one.

Don't know what you're after, but one of those should get you
going in the right direction.

Paul
ps. try not to top post, I'm only following along and it was
too much trouble to fix...

>>> jojo at oregonfast.net 09/29/05 1:47 PM >>>
Well, thank you so much for the advice, I am not new to Email, however
I am
new to this group and not necessarily aware of how things work.  I
thought I
took care of the thread thing, by changing the subject line.  It wasn't
my
attempt to hijack anything.  I intended to find the proper resources
for
this program, and the proper forum to ask my questions from.

Insults aside, I thought this was the proper venue to request
assistance, if
it's not I'll happily leave it aside and go where I can find some
assistance, or find another program.