[mythtv-users] Noob Question....

Joshua Orr jojo at oregonfast.net
Thu Sep 29 20:36:46 UTC 2005

Thank you very much for helping me clear that up.  Yes, I feel Deon was very
harsh.  That was my first greeting this morning when checking my email.  I
really didn't appreciate it in the least.  It almost maid me feel like
ripping Myth off my system and going to something else.  I admit I'm new
here, and that's always a problem, but when a user does ask for help, it's
been my exp. To either answer, offer advice, or a link of a resource that
person may not have found.  There is no FAQ avail for this forum, nor any
other information.  There were issues with my e-mail server so I'd not
gotten my welcome message, with a proper link on how to post.  I try my best
to RTFM and this project has involved a lot of reading, which I happily do.
My issues were not covered in any troubleshooting document or FAQ that I
could find.  I guess I've become all too familiar with forums and forgotten
how messages like this work.  I believe on other groups doing what I did
works.

Should I re-post my original message?  I think that would confuse the issue
more than help.  I really would like to figure this thing out, and get it
all working the way it's supposed to.  Granted it may not be designed for
music and I may actually need to find something different for that.  In the
future the PVR functions would be quite handy, but that's not my current
goal of setup with this system.

Josh