[mythtv-users] Lockup on playing recorded video...

Timothy McFadden tim at timandjamie.com
Fri Sep 30 03:22:09 UTC 2005

Has anyone else experience the following:

I select a recorded program from the playlist and mythfrontend goes blank
like its starting to play the video. After a second ( or less ) of a black
screen, mythfrontend comes up and asks if I want to save, delete, etc ( the
same selection screen as if I'd just finished watching a recording). I chose
"Save, so you can watch it again", and then tried to play it again by
re-selecting it. The screen goes black again, however the linux box is
locked up requiring a re-boot.

It's only happened twice in ~4 weeks.

Any ideas?

I thought maybe the database thought there was a saved position at the end
the of recording, but there really wasn't so it got confused.

I would imagine the problem is with mythfrontend and/or ivtv.

Any suggestions?

-Tim

--
Want to try Gmail? Send me an email requesting an invite.