[mythtv-users] Working on an OSD

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 15:29:59 UTC 2005

Yeah, I imagine everyone has their own needs/preferences.  Which is why I'm
sure most of this is easily parameterized :)

What would be REALLY COOL would be to have an OSD equivalent of what myxer is
to themes.  You could select the fields you wanted, the graphics/colors you
liked, fonts and sizes, etc. from lists on a web page and then have a preview
drawn for you real-time.  When you get it the way you like it you could press a
button and have it dump out the xml you need to generate it.

If you haven't tried myxer and it's configuration utils you should take a
look... Dave Hofstra did a nice job with it and Stef Coene's php configurator
is also very cool.  The relevant gossamer thread is here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/139517?do=post_view_threaded

Of course this is beyond my php skills (currently none) and knowledge of OSD
theme construction (also currently none), but it's an idea at least :)

--Jack