[mythtv-users] EIT & tv_grab_fi problem

Osmo Paananen osmop-myth at ipi.fi
Sat Apr 1 10:58:47 UTC 2006

> Seems that tv_grab_fi with katso in Finland has stopped to work. Also
> the EIT isn't working here. So at the moment placing all recordings
> manually. Does anybody know any trick how I could get the EIT to
> work ?

tv_grab_fi doesn't work because the website where the data is being
downloaded has been modified. Someone probably fixes that soon. (I hope)

About DVB EPG/EIT:
I don't know how to get it working, but I have similar problem. Here are
some more clues about what might be wrong.

Run mythbackend in debug mode.

/usr/bin/mythbackend -v eit  --logfile /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log
--pidfile /var/run/mythbackend.pid

Then I get errors like these:

2006-04-01 13:37:40.163 EITHelper: chanid not found for atscsrcid = 465
and mplexid = 4,
                        so event updates were skipped.
2006-04-01 13:37:40.371 EITHelper: chanid not found for atscsrcid = 1105
and mplexid = 4,
                        so event updates were skipped.
2006-04-01 13:37:40.583 EITHelper: chanid not found for atscsrcid = 17
and mplexid = 4,
                        so event updates were skipped.

I have imported channels.conf and not scanned channels with mythtv due
to fact that it didn't work for some reason.  My guess would be that
mythbackend doesn't know which channel id's are related to which
channels.

Does someone know whether this is the root cause of eit data not working
in my case? Any ideas how to fix the mapping?