[mythtv-users] EIT & tv_grab_fi problem

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Sat Apr 1 13:03:36 UTC 2006

Osmo Paananen wrote:
> About DVB EPG/EIT:
> I don't know how to get it working, but I have similar problem. Here are
> some more clues about what might be wrong.
>
> Then I get errors like these:
>
> 2006-04-01 13:37:40.163 EITHelper: chanid not found for atscsrcid = 465
> and mplexid = 4,
>                         so event updates were skipped.
> 2006-04-01 13:37:40.371 EITHelper: chanid not found for atscsrcid = 1105
> and mplexid = 4,
>                         so event updates were skipped.
> 2006-04-01 13:37:40.583 EITHelper: chanid not found for atscsrcid = 17
> and mplexid = 4,
>                         so event updates were skipped.
>
> I have imported channels.conf and not scanned channels with mythtv due
> to fact that it didn't work for some reason.  My guess would be that
> mythbackend doesn't know which channel id's are related to which
> channels.

Before I got EIT working, I both scanned channels and imported
channels.conf. Result was that e.g. I had 4 multiplexes in DB although
here in Finland there are only 3 multiplexes. So I manually deleted the
fourth one from the DB.

If I remember correctly, if you delete channels from the UI, it doesn't
delete multiplexes. So by scanning, deleting, importing etc. you could
easily run into situation where your DB is not in "consistent state".
Channel table might point to multiplex that doesn't exist or something
like that.

I had also "useonairguide" column set to false for all channels (in
"channel" DB table) and I had to change those values to true. This can
be easily done e.g. in mythweb if you are using that.

At some point, you should also enable DB logging for mythbackend. I have
fixed my DB problems by looking the database logs and at the same time
checking the actual DB tables.

I've used DbVisualizer (http://www.dbvisualizer.com/products/dbvis/)
which is quite nice DB tool.. certainly much better than using only
command-line to run queries. And works both in Linux and Windows (Java).
--
   Otto