[mythtv-users] DVB woes...

Darren Black lists.drdaz at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 23:29:47 UTC 2006

Hey there,

I'm currently struggling to get Myth to do its thing with my new DVB-C card
(a Twinhan Cab-CI). I've got the card working flawlessly in VLC for both
scrambled and FTA channels. Myth, however is not so cooperative yet - I've
tried running mythbackend from the terminal and found that it is spewing the
following errors constantly while trying to capture:

DVB#0 ERROR - CA: CAM supports no CA systems! (Slot #0)
DVB#0 CA: CiHandler needs CA_PMT

I'm quite puzzled by this and google turns up nothing that seems useful on
either of these used as search terms.

I'm running the 0.19-fixes branch of SVN and have applied the HLCI patches
found in the trac. If anybody could point me in the right direction here I'd
be more than grateful.

Cheers,
/drdaz