[mythtv-users] RAID BTDT's

Ryan Pisani mythtv at frouse3.homelinux.com
Sun Apr 2 04:00:33 UTC 2006

 I use a cheap software RAID card and use native mdadm to handle RAID-5
across 4 - 320GB disks (usable about 900GB) With XFS filesystem I get
throughput of about 2x throughput compared to my ide drives on the same
system. The machine itself is an old Athlon 1.2 with 768MB of RAM. Here is
a link to the card I'm using on newegg. It's cheap and reviews are pretty
decent. works on 2.6 kernel native.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815124020