[mythtv-users] PVR-500: Tuner 0 Audio Static

Jeff Plotzke jeff_ml at plotzke.com
Sun Apr 2 04:30:21 UTC 2006

Update:  To try to confirm the problem, I removed Tuner 0 from the Myth
config, so it had to only use Tuner 1.  However, to my surprise, there
is still intermittent audio static.  One channel will be OK and the next
channel will have static.  The same channel may be OK one time and if I
come back to it have static all over.  So, this problem isn't related to
a specific tuner.

I have also recorded to mpg from the command line and find the same
problem -- Some recordings have a large amount of audio static (again,
video is fine...)

So, has anyone seen this problem??  I have a PVR-500 with Phillips tuner
running Gentoo Linux (kernel 2.6.15) and ivtv 0.4.2

Please help!

Thanks!

~Jeff